Owner/Director of Nonnie’s Village
- RN, BSN, MBA with over 25 years’ experience in L&D, NICU, Pediatrics, Early Learning, and Special Education
- Oregon Foster Parent for 15 years with a specialty in Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome and medically fragile infants.
- My goal: To redefine and evolve the quality childcare in Oregon, one child, and one center at a time.
It has always been a dream of mine to own a business and be able to help children. My career and education have brought me to this exciting part of my life. My family has been a big and wonderful part of my life, especially my wonderful grandmother (Nonnie). They are the reason Nonnie’s Village is now a reality. “It takes a village”
Tianyi He (Roger)
Preschool Lead Teacher
- Master of Art in Teaching, George Fox University.
- Early Childhood Education, Northeastern state university.
- Bilingual: Chinese and English
- Teaching since 2015
I really enjoy teaching students from diverse backgrounds. Every single kid is gifted. As professional educators, our team will use the best teaching pedagogy to help each student develop in different areas. All of our curriculums are designed based on hands-on activities. Our team will use data from students’ assessments to update our plan for each kiddo. I believe kiddos in our school will learn through playing, and we will try our best to keep track of every single student on their academic learning journey.
- Bachelors of Science in Ethnic Studies and General Social Science from the University of Oregon
- Over 2 years of experience working with children in an educational setting
- Bilingual: Spanish and English
I believe that teachers hold a strong influence over the success of a child’s learning and development. My mission is to provide my students with a safe and fun learning environment where they can learn and thrive. I believe individuality is important and that children often learn differently and at their own pace. In order to help each child reach their full potential, I plan to create comprehensive plans based on their individual needs. My educational background has given me insight into the importance of celebrating diversity and culture, especially with young children. My classroom will be one where every child is celebrated and uplifted daily.
Infant & Toddler Teacher
- 6 years experiences with children 3-24 months
- Lead infant teacher over 3 years
- Nanny for 3 years
- Outdoor loving Oregonian
I understand the importance of a child’s development to have a safe environment and loving adult while outside of their family’s care. Even though your time with me is short, the relationships we build last in my heart forever. In my class, we will use age-appropriate activities, sensory play, reading, music, and basic infant sign language to learn communication skills, hit individual milestones, and experience the world in a loving and enriching environment. Touching base daily will help us stay on the same page with your child’s progress, goals, and ever-changing routines, and personal growth. Together we can provide the love and guidance during the most precious time in your child’s life